Friday, August 8, 2008

So....Wow... Where to Start?

Funny how some people can sit in front of a microphone and just babble for hours and yet when it comes to updating blog posts more frequently than once every 15 months they just sit down and draw blanks. Yeah... hilarious...

So that brings me to this post. I guess the first thing I need to do is say thank you to everyone that has been following the web site. The streaming site is hitting record numbers and that is fantastic. I've been receiving countless kudos on the stream, everything from the song selection to the stupid promos! PolkaTJ 24/7 is the product of an idea I had for many, many years and within the last year it finally became a reality. As a child flipping through the radio dials, I often heard Buddy Holly and his dramatic rock 'n roll ramblings, Johnny Cash and his baritone adventures of love and loss... even Dr. Dre and his bitchez and hoez in da ghetto. But one thing was always missing... Why was there not a Polka station?? Sure we had the shows on Sunday morning. But I mean, where was the station that broadcast Polka music 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Dad told me it would never happen. He said there just wasn't a market for it. So true...

Then along came the Internets (Created by George W. Bush). I started with a weekly Polka show online back in 1997 and while I like to think I actually had the first online Polka show I may be wrong. I will still claim that though, until someone can prove me wrong. Several years later, the unthinkable happened. With the creation of such sites as 247PolkaHeaven and PolkaJammer we finally had what we all longed for. A place to listen to Polka Music no matter what time of day.
I was even honored to have my show at the time, Main Event Polkas, broadcast on 247PolkaHeaven. In 2007, I launched Polka TJ 24/7 with a little bit of a different format. Rather than broadcast polka shows, I decided to play streaming Polka music... Back to back POLKAS. Plain and simple.

That brings us about up to date with what I have been doing with the site lately. I'm ready to take that to the next level! Starting soon, Mel and I will begin to broadcast a live show on Wednesday nights. The show, entitled "Polkaholics Annonymous", will feature the newest and the best Polka music out, along with some added twists. We are looking to have a chat room set up where you can join in on the fun and just have a kick-ass good time.

So I guess that brings me to the best part... all the dirt on my personal life. Hmm... Well, remember that chick I told y'all about 2 years ago? Yeah, she's here now. She is living with me and has been since January. Mel is awesome, and I really couldn't ask for a better partner to share in all of lifes trials and tribulations, ups and downs, and positives and negatives. Regardless of situation, she is there for me and I try to be there for her as best I can. Single guys out there... I know there is a lot of temptation when you are out and about in the clubs and bars but find yourself a Polka girl. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. Don't get me wrong... try the rest... but settle for the best!

As for living arrangements, I moved out of my bachelor pad in the South Side of Pittsburgh. You guys remember it... walking distance to hundreds of bars! Why in the hell would anyone give that up?? (See above paragraph). So now I am living in a little community in which we both like, although it is a little farther from work. The ups far outweigh the downs. Mel picked this joint out... Pretty cool pad. We now live with our 3 cats and a shit-ton of bills. (No, we're not weird cat people, just had a huge heart for a stray that ended up being knocked up). Love ya Delilah, Sprinkles and Pavlova!

As for the job.... well I won't go into too many details. Not because I don't want to either. There are 93 pages of details available out there to anyone interested in seeing what I've been up to over the last couple years...allegedly.

I swear... I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Talk later monkeys... Love yinz!

No comments: